Extreme Pumpkin Carving, Second Edition Revised and Expanded: 20 Amazing Designs from Frightful to Fabulous
How to Use Relief-Carving Techniques to Create Realistic Features
Put a new twist on the Halloween tradition and create the best jack-o'-lantern on the block!
Create the best jack-o'-lantern on the block by taking a fresh approach to the old Halloween tradition! This book shows you how to use relief-carving techniques to create realistic features like cheeks, lips and eyebrows that really make your pumpkins come alive. Learn to carve 20 fun three-dimensional faces and scenes in solid pumpkins (no hollowing necessary) using tools ranging from kitchen knives to carving gouges and chisels. Complete information is provided for getting started, including an overview of tools and tips for finding the best pumpkin to work with.
Take your pumpkin carving to the extreme and amaze your neighbors!
- 20 frightful, fabulous patterns for 3D faces & scenes in pumpkins
- Step-by-step instructions for extreme pumpkin carving with either kitchen knives or carving tools
- Expert advice on creating realistic features like cheeks, lips, and eyebrows to bring your pumpkins to life
- Stunning gallery of extreme pumpkins art, plus photos of each finished carving
- Uses solid pumpkins with no hollowing necessary