Farm and Workshop Welding, Third Revised Edition: Everything You Need to Know to Weld, Cut, and Shape Metal
Learn and Avoid Common Mistakes with Over 400 Step-by-Step Photos
A practical, visual resource for welding in farm, home, blacksmith, auto, or school workshops.
Its comprehensive sections describe all the major types of welds before progressing into trickier methods. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll understand everything you need to know, from arc, TIG, MIG, and gas welding to plasma cutting, soldering, welding plastic, and more. Filled with helpful visuals and photography, detailed explanations, expert suggestions, and step-by-step directions, this go-to guide to welding also covers common pitfalls and mistakes, and how to avoid or correct them. New, updated edition will include brand new chapters on general welding skills and understanding metals, expanded information on abrasives, and four new step-by-step projects and plans, including a fire pit, welding cart, and more.
Your comprehensive handbook to successful welding!
- Learn hands-on welding to start repairing and creating metal equipment and structures
- Over 400 step-by-step photos of welding processes and the differences between good and bad welds
- Detailed sections describing specific types of welds, equipment, common faults, troubleshooting, and more
- All major types of welds are covered, including arc, MIG, gas, TIG, and plasma cutting
- Avoid common mistakes and correct them, with welding problems laid out section by section along with solutions
- Tips and suggestions help beginners improve and intermediate operators broaden their technique
- Go beyond metal with advice that extends into the wider workshop such as on drills, cutting threads, and basic blacksmithing
|Size||8.5" X 11"|
Ratchet up your self-sufficiency with this comprehensive guide to welding, complete with plenty of excellent photos to help experienced metalworkers and novices alike.Rebecca Martin, Technical Editor, Mother Earth News magazine
This book is the next best thing to having an expert welder watch over your shoulder.Chad Elmore, Managing Editor, Diesel Progress magazine
From welding metals and plastic, to all types of soldering, this book covers everything the first time or experienced welder would ever need.Peter Phillips (The Maintenance Doctor), Maintenance Consultant and Author