Great Book of Spoon Carving Patterns
Detailed Patterns & Photos for Decorative Spoons
Carve symbolic romantic lovespoons!
Great Book of Spoon Carving Patterns is perfect for carvers of any skill level to learn the traditional art form of carving lovespoons to express their romantic emotions! Featuring 5 bowl patterns and 75 original handle patterns to mix and match for hundreds of customizable carving designs, this book details the origins of each romantic wooden spoon and what they symbolize, from first date and courting spoons to wedding spoons.
Use a timeless tradition to express your one-of-a-kind love!
- Comprehensive guide to carving romantic wooden spoons to express meaningful messages
- Over 60 patterns, most of them full-size, from five regions
- Mix-and-match designs can be customized to help you make the perfect spoon for your love
- Symbolic meaning of the motifs and the history of romantic spoon carving
- Author David Western is a lovespoon industry expert and the author of Fine Art of Carving Lovespoons and History of Lovespoons
|Size||8.5" x 11" x .37"|
A beautifully photographed, concise step-by-step guide to lovespoon and decorative spoon making. Includes usable templates and engaging historical context. Appealing to woodworkers of all skill levels.Jason Weymouth, carvedwoodenspoons.com
With inspiring photos and detailed step-by-step instructions, this book will take you on a wonderful journey into the art of decorative spoon carving.Thomas Regnier, Founder, Just Simply Wood Company (justsimplywood.ca)
David Western's latest book will teach you how to carve with confidence. No spoon carver should be without it.Kaylee Schofield, Editor of Woodcarving Illustrated magazine