Handcarved Christmas (Best of WCI)
36 Beloved Ornaments, Decorations, and Gifts
Giving a hand-carved Christmas ornament or gift is as much fun as it is to make one!
This compilation of favorite Christmas carving projects from the archives of Woodcarving Illustrated magazine includes projects and patterns for delightful carvings made from clothespins, caricature ornaments, a Christmas stocking, whittled pencils that make great gifts, a folk art tree topper, an evergreen tree with painting instructions, lovely earrings and much more. Of course, there are lots of Santa projects, too!
Carve 36 of the most beloved holiday carving projects from Woodcarving Illustrated!
- Ornaments for your tree include an evergreen puzzle, Santas, clothespin carvings, a candy cane squirrel, and more
- Decorations to deck your halls include a reindeer, an angel, folk art Santa, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, a collector's plate, and more
- Gifts for your loved ones including Santa pencils and earrings, a Christmas puppy, a folk art angel tree topper, and more
- Step-by-step instructions for the projects, with full-size patterns and color photos
- Special techniques like carving intaglio style, creating pierced relief, adding texture with pyrography, and weighting your carvings