Learn to Burn
A Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Started in Pyrography
This easy-to-use guidebook offers 14 step-by-step projects for making decorative gifts, illustrated with clear how-to photographs. Each pyro project can be completed using ready-made materials that are easy to find at your local craft store.
In Learn to Burn, award-winning artist and pyrographer Simon Easton shows you how to "write with fire," taking you from basic woodburning concepts to tips and techniques that encourage your creativity and help you develop your own individual style. Easton guides you through purchasing tools and materials, and setup and safety. His expert lessons will help you master all of the essential techniques of the craft, from making simple marks to texturing, lettering, shading and finishing.
- Create beautiful art using ready-made materials found at your local craft store
- 14 step-by-step projects—appropriate for every skill level
- Illustrated with how-to photographs
- Easy exercises introduce basic concepts for beginners
- Learn expert techniques for texturing, lettering, shading, and finishing
- Make memorable decorative gifts for friends and family—bangles, jewelry boxes, gift tags, fridge magnets, and more!
- 50 bonus patterns