Little Book of Pyrography: Techniques, Exercises, Designs, and Patterns
Pocket-Size Gift Edition with Step-by-Step Instructions & Expert Woodburning Advice from Lora Irish
In this beginner's guide to the creative craft of woodburning, Lora provides a thorough introduction to basic tools, materials and techniques.
This handsome hardcover gift book makes woodburning easy by walking beginners through all the basics of materials, tools, and techniques. Seven skill-building pyrography projects provide step-by-step exercises in using temperature, time, layering, and texturing to create artistic tonal values.
In this beginner's guide to the creative craft of woodburning, Lora provides a thorough introduction to basic tools, materials and techniques. You'll learn how to set up a practice board to experiment with strokes and settings before moving on to working projects with confidence!
Seven skill-building projects provide step-by-step exercises in using temperature, time, layering, and texturing to create artistic tonal values.
Little Book of Pyrography makes it easy to learn the creative craft of woodburning!
- Convenient & portable 5.5-inch x 6.75-inch pocket size hardcover
- 7 skill-building projects to help you master essential techniques
- Step-by-step instructions, color photographs, and full-size patterns
- Comprehensive introduction to basic tools, materials, and techniques
- Learn how to use a practice board to ensure the best burn for a project
- Learn how to create artistic tonal values using temperature, time, texture and layering
- Create a mythical dragon with a complete step-by-step beginner's project
Little Book of Pyrography offers guidance to the novice looking to acquire equipment and supplies and learn how to use them.American Association of Woodturners
I would HIGHLY recommend the book to someone who is thinking about getting into pyrography or someone who has recently gotten into pyrography. The book covers a LOT of basic information that touches on everything to get started in pyrography. Lora's pyrography exercises and techniques are easy to understand and she provides a lot of examples to help you master the art form. I think the book is well worth the price and I wish this book had existed when I started in pyrography.PyrographyMadeEasy.com