National Wildlife Federation®: Attracting Birds, Butterflies, and Other Backyard Wildlife, Expanded Second Edition
Your backyard can come alive by creating an environment with plants and spaces that attract nature's most interesting and friendly creatures!
Create a magical ecosystem in your backyard! Invite songbirds, butterflies, bees, and more by nurturing a wildlife habitat garden. With stunning photography, lists of the best plants to support wildlife, and 17 projects the whole family can enjoy, this is a must-have resource for nature enthusiasts, gardeners, and animal lovers.
Make your backyard more nature-friendly by providing habitats for the local wildlife!
- From the National Wildlife Federation, the largest U.S. nonprofit conservation organization, with 6 million members and 51 state and territorial affiliated organizations
- 17 step-by-step projects that everyone can do together make getting your family back to nature easy, educational, and fun
- Over 200 color photos of backyard wildlife habitats and the wide variety of creatures they attract, plus step-by-step photos and illustrations for family projects
- Learn wildlife-friendly practices for gardening, landscape design, supplemental feeders, birdbaths, nesting places, and more
- Learn how to attract backyard pollinators, from bees and butterflies to beetles, bats, and hummingbirds
- Get your garden certified by the National Wildlife Federation's Garden for Wildlife(TM) program by following the included certification application checklist
|Size||7" x 9" x .39"|
The most valuable parts of the book are those in which Mizejewski emphasizes the importance of using native plants to maintain the mutual relationships that plants, animals and other living organisms have developed over the millennia and explains how exotic imports can disrupt this balance.Publishers Weekly
David's superb revision brings us up to date on the most effective ways to enhance our local ecosystems by using the beautiful native plants our birds and bees depend on.Doug Tallamy, Author of Bringing Nature Home
In the beautiful book Attracting Birds, Butterflies, and Other Backyard Wildlife, naturalist and TV personality David Mizejewski of the National Wildlife Federation covers a lot of ground about gardening with native plants and creating a bird- and bug-friendly backyard.BirdWatching Daily
If you are new to backyard wildlife habitat gardening, this book is for you. This guide goes through all of the basics of backyard wildlife habitat.Maryland.gov, Department of Resources
In a newly updated version of Attracting Birds, Butterflies & Other Backyard Wildlife, Mizejewski provides practical tips and project ideas that create gardens that are not only beautiful, but also provide functional habitat for wildlife.WCAI, Local NPR for the Cape, Coast & Islands
What can one person do to make a difference for wildlife? A lot, actually! Providing the latest scientific findings, detailed instruction, and a clear-eyed positivity, Mizejewski enlightens--and empowers--us all.Susan M. Brackney, Writer "PBS NatureNOW Blog