A Complete Guide to the Art of Woodburning
Pyrography, meaning to draw with fire, is a versatile art form that dates back to the Victorian age and continues to thrive today because of its beauty and endless possibilities.
Learn everything you need to know to create stunning pyrography with 3 step-by-step projects, original patterns, and a gallery of award-winning work. Offers inspiration and sound practical information that will open your eyes to the artistic potential of this captivating art form.
A best-seller! Renowned pyrographer Sue Walters teaches you everything you need to know to create stunning pyrography artwork with three step-by-step projects, original patterns, and an inspiring gallery of work. Includes information on equipment, safety, materials, pattern preparation, techniques and 3 projects; a beginner, an intermediate, and an advanced.
Build your skill level through these step-by-step projects for beginner, intermediate, and advanced burners! Inside Pyrography Workbook, author Sue Walters explores:
- Practical and necessary aspects of safety and work area setup
- Equipment and timber selection
- Preparing the wood and transferring the design
- Special nib techniques and how to apply them
- Textures, patterns, and unusual pyrographical variations
- Burning on leather, gourds, bark, and other materials
- The integration and use of color in pyrography