String Quilt Style
Easy Techniques and Inspiring Designs from Strips, Scraps and Stash
String quilting can be enjoyed by beginning and experienced quilters alike. No precision piecing guarantees immediate success!
Dig out scraps, stash and precuts to make more than a dozen string quilt projects designed by Mary Hogan. Learn to make a variety of string block designs including diagonal squares, diamonds, circles, triangles, columns and fans. This complete step-by-step guide takes quilters through every step of the string quilting process with helpful tips and suggestions throughout each chapter.
String quilts are the ultimate stash-buster!
- 14 quilt projects to use up your scraps, stash, precuts, strings, batiks, fat quarters, jelly rolls, and more
- Over a dozen blocks with designs including diagonal squares, diamonds, circles, triangles, columns, and fans
- Introductory section offers inspiration and illustrates a variety of ways to use strings
- Step-by-step photography, clear diagrams, and easy to follow instructions
- Beginner-friendly techniques teach you how to design beautiful, one-of-a-kind quilts using the Design Elements
Cut your foundations, grab some fabrics, and start stringing!
Learn to make a variety of string quilt block designs including diagonal squares, diamonds, circles, triangles, columns, and fans. This complete guide takes quilters through every step of the string quilting process with helpful tips and suggestions throughout each chapter.
Inside String Quilt Style, you will discover how to make beautiful, one-of-a-kind quilts using the Design Elements; learn to group string blocks together to inspire multiple designs; create more than a dozen unique blocks using the String Piecing Techniques; and choose from 14 string quilt projects or design one of your own.
|Small||8.3" x 11" x .31"|
|Author||Mary M Hogan|
Once you ve been quilting a while you realize your fabric stash isn t getting smaller. And whether your style is modern, traditional or contemporary, we all seek ways to use up those small bits of fabric leftover from our quilts yore. Mary s book helps you use up those scraps and those jelly rolls you couldn t resist. Simple or complex, with appliqué or just plain, it s really quite amazing how such a simple concept can look traditional or modern or contemporary. Believe us when we say Mary includes string quilt patterns for every quilter seriously!Generation Q Magazine, Fall/Winter 2016