String Quilt Style: Easy Techniques and Inspiring Designs from Strips, Scraps and Stash (Download)
14 Quilting Projects, Step-by-Step Instructions, 150 Photos, and More Than a Dozen Unique Blocks
String quilting can be enjoyed by beginning and experienced quilters alike. No precision piecing guarantees immediate success!
Dig out scraps, stash and precuts to make more than a dozen string quilt projects designed by Mary Hogan. Learn to make a variety of string block designs including diagonal squares, diamonds, circles, triangles, columns and fans. This complete step-by-step guide takes quilters through every step of the string quilting process with helpful tips and suggestions throughout each chapter.
String quilts are the ultimate stash-buster!
- 14 quilt projects to use up your scraps, stash, precuts, strings, batiks, fat quarters, jelly rolls, and more
- Over a dozen blocks with designs including diagonal squares, diamonds, circles, triangles, columns, and fans
- Introductory section offers inspiration and illustrates a variety of ways to use strings
- Step-by-step photography, clear diagrams, and easy to follow instructions
- Beginner-friendly techniques teach you how to design beautiful, one-of-a-kind quilts using the Design Elements
|Size||8.3" x 11"|
|Author||Mary M. Hogan|
Once you ve been quilting a while you realize your fabric stash isn t getting smaller. And whether your style is modern, traditional or contemporary, we all seek ways to use up those small bits of fabric leftover from our quilts yore. Mary s book helps you use up those scraps and those jelly rolls you couldn t resist. Simple or complex, with appliqué or just plain, it s really quite amazing how such a simple concept can look traditional or modern or contemporary. Believe us when we say Mary includes string quilt patterns for every quilter seriously!Generation Q Magazine, Fall/Winter 2016