Thread Painting a Garden Quilt: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Realistic 6-Block Project
Dozens of Raw Edge Appliqué Techniques, Free-Motion, Blocking, Adding Borders, Sashing, and More
Learn dozens of techniques for thread painting using raw edge appliqué!
From free motion quilting to adding borders to blocks, quilters will learn several techniques for thread painting using raw edge applique. Showing each step for building the quilt and how to thread paint with various embellishments, step-by-step instructions and coordinating photography will guide readers through to the completion of a beautiful thread painted quilt.
Block by block, sew a work of art!
- 6-block project for a gorgeous garden quilt featuring realistic details of birds, flowers, butterflies, and more
- For experienced quilters inspired by Joyce's Block of the Month, thread painting, and raw-edge appliqué
- Step-by-step instructions and photos show you how to thread paint as you go and complete your own thread-painted quilt
- Shows each step for building the quilt, how to thread paint with various embellishments, and how to finish the quilt flat and square
- Author Joyce Hughes is an award-winning quilter, designer, teacher, and author of Creating Art Quilts with Panels
|Size||8" x 10"|
Joyce is a giving individual. This work is a fine example of her talented generosity to those who are willing to learn.David Mancuso, President, Mancuso Show Management, Inc.
This book takes appliqué to a whole new level.Olesya Lebedenko, Author of Sewing Scrap Blocks with Character
Exploring texture and detail with thread painting has never seemed so easy... or so much FUN!Kelly Young, MyQuiltIInfatuation.com