Understanding Wood Finishing, 3rd Revised Edition: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish (Hardcover)
Practical & Comprehensive; 350 Photos, 40 Reference Tables & Troubleshooting Guides
For decades, Bob Flexner has been inspiring and informing woodworkers with his writings and teachings on wood finishing.
Nicknamed the “Bible” of wood finishing, Understanding Wood Finishing is a best-selling, easy-to-understand resource that teaches readers everything they need to know, from preparing and staining wood to different types of wood finishes, coloring techniques, filling pores, removing finishes, and more. This newly updated edition features current information on solvents and other chemicals that abide by both state and national law.
Take the mystery out of wood finishing!
- Over 350 color photos that help you distinguish between products, make decisions, and solve problems
- Over 40 reference tables and troubleshooting guides
- The latest technical updates on materials and techniques—from spray guns to French polishing
- Detailed instructions and explanations that take the mystery out of the science
- Oil finishes, wax finishes, film finishes, shellac, lacquer, varnish, two-part, water-based, and more are each covered in detail
|Size||8.5" X 11"|
An easy and authoritative read, Flexner’s book is the Bible of wood finishing.Dave Campbell, WOOD® magazine
In Understanding Wood Finishing, professional finisher Bob Flexner demystifies the art [of finishing] by explaining the “hows” and “whys.”WOODCRAFT® magazine