Woodburning Realistic Animals
12 Step-by-Step Pyrography Projects of Birds, Pets, and Wildlife
This book provides essential skill-building tutorials for creating realistic eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers.
Woodburning Realistic Animals shows how to create amazingly lifelike portraits of domestic animals and wildlife with 12 step-by-step projects plus skill-building tutorials for creating realistic eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers.
This book provides essential skill-building tutorials for creating realistic eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers. Tips and advice on working with photos, turning photos into patterns, and transferring photos to wood are also included. You'll find discussions on pens and nibs, hints for woodburning feathers and noses, and step-by-step suggestions for how to add beautiful splashes of color to your work with everything from colored pencils to alcohol inks.
- 12 step-by-step projects for woodburning big cats, elk, birds, a horse, a rabbit, a zebra and more
- Skill-building tutorials teach you how to burn specific realistic features like eyes, short fur, long fur, manes, and whiskers
- Getting Started section covers safety, tools, wood types, and preparing the surface
- Expert tips & advice for finding inspiration, working with photos, creating patterns, and transferring to wood
- Learn how to add color to your pyrography with colored pencils, acrylic paint, watercolors, and alcohol ink, as well as how to protect and seal your finished work
A fresh, new beginner's book that even advanced burners will want. This book really covers everything you need to get started with woodburning, followed by projects of varying degrees of difficulty to let you improve your skills. 'Purist' burners, as well as those who want to finish with a flair of color, will appreciate the details given to complete each project.Jo Schwartz, pyrography artist and author of Woodburning Realistic People, joschwartz.net
The perfect gift for any aspiring pyrographer who loves animals and wants to create better portraits.Midwest Book Review
A good book for someone who is a beginner or intermediate level artist who is looking to improve the realism in their artwork.PyrographyMadeEasy.com